Bar-S Foods are recalling approximately 372,684 pounds of chicken and pork hot dog and corn do products that may be adulterated with Listeria monocytogenes according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service. In plain english this means: if you have these items in your fridge DO NOT CONSUME THEM. The ready-to-eat chicken and pork hot dog and corn dog products were produced on July 10, 11, 12 and 13, of this year.
Included in this recall:
- 16-oz/1-lb. packages of “BAR-S Classic BUN LENGTH Franks MADE WITH CHICKEN, PORK ADDED” with “Use By” date of 10/11/2016 and case code 209.
- 12-oz. packages of “BAR-S CLASSIC Franks MADE WITH CHICKEN, PORK ADDED” with package code 6338, “Use By” date of 10/10/2016 and case code 6405.
- 24-oz./1.5-lb. cartons of “SIGNATURE Pick 5 CORNDOGS – 8 Honey Batter Dipped Franks On A Stick” with a “Use By” date of 4/6/2017 and case code 6071.
- 42.72-oz./2.67-lb. cartons of “BAR-S CLASSIC CORN DOGS – 16 Honey Batter Dipped Franks On A Stick” with “Use By” dates of 4/7/2017 and 4/8/2017 and case code 6396.
- 48-oz./3-lb. cartons of “BAR-S CLASSIC CORN DOGS – 16 Honey Batter Dipped Franks On A Stick” with package code 14054, “Use By” dates of 4/6/2017 and 4/9/2017, and case code 14038.
These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
There have been no confirmed reports of illnesses due to consumption of these products.